Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Therapy

Saw my therapist today for the first time. Guess what? I am trans! Ha! Yeah, she didn't question it at all. I mean she asked questions, but she didn't doubt me. Told me that I sounded 100% committed to it, and that I already knew who and what I was, that there was no question about that. That was nice. I needed to hear that. I needed someone to believe me. I've gotten so sick of all the non believers.

We talked about my husband and current situation a lot.  She want's me to take things slow, and work on me. Take control of my life, so I don't feel like a prisoner anymore. This involves getting healthy, by going to see a doctor and getting a check up. Starting any medications that can help. Getting a job so I am not so reliant on my husband. All of the things I already knew, but hearing someone else tell me that this is the plan I need to follow, really helped too.

She doesn't know much about the legal system here when it comes to trans, so she couldn't help on that. I am going to have to call a lawyer and find out what my rights are with my kids. Find out if there is a high chance of losing them due to me being trans and not having a job. If there isn't a high chance, as they always try and go for joint custody in these matters, then I might move out.

I am going to talk to my sister in law eventually, about moving in with her and my kids. Then my husband can still see his kids, as she lives in the same city. I will be free and out, away from him, but hopefully not have to deal with the court crap. We will see. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, because every time that I do, he squishes them. Besides, I do know him, and he will probably try and take my to court just to hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment