Thursday, November 3, 2016

All the Changes

Lots has happened internet!

The husband and I had a major break through. He has accepted that I am going to do this. He wants to remain friends, possibly roommates in the future. We've had a few ups and downs since this revelation, but for the most part, things have been really great. He isn't happy about it of course, but he is accepting that he can't change it. That is definitely a step in the right direction.

I talked to my therapist on Monday about getting on T. Since I am overweight and need help losing it, or rather, need motivation to start trying, we came up with a plan. It was my idea, and she agreed. Once I lose fifty pounds, she will give me my letter for T. I have been working on since Monday. Lost three pounds already. Probably come off pretty quick in the beginning, and slowly taper off. I am thinking March or April and I will be getting my letter. I am very excited about that. I still don't have a doctor though. All of the doctors I called aren't taking on new patients until January. So I will be calling again around that time. I am nervous around getting on though. They are going to have to know about me being trans, and I am worried about discrimination. I also have to find an endocrinologist that will take my insurance, and not be a biased asshole.

Sadly the only one I have seen that is being referred to by the trans community here, doesn't take my insurance.

Oh and the trans community! I am going to my first support group meeting on Sunday. They meet once a month, the first Sunday of every month. I can't wait. I talked to the president of the local branch for over an hour. She was really great. Very funny, gave me great advice, and told me about the meetings.

I found an on-line medical fund thing by Point of Pride. They select two people every year and donate money to go towards those two people's gender surgeries. I am applying for it this year. It was recommended that I get a letter from my therapist, and she sent it to me today. She called me by my new name, and gave me the full diagnosis of gender dysphoria. It was really great.

On top of that, my husband bought me my first STP (stand to pee device). I nearly died. He just bought it, knowing I wanted one, and even put my new name down for who it was being delivered too. That was really huge! He even hinted at getting me one of the really nice prosthetic from FreeToM when he has the money. I don't know what happened there, but it means so much to me that he is getting on board. It means so much to me that he still wants me in his life, even just as friends.

That's all I have for now. Sorry it took me so long to update, I've been lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment